Monday, August 4, 2008

My streak is now done....

Well, I was on quite a roll this year, keeping a (I think) pretty impressive achievement streak going, but alas, as the cliche goes, all good things must come to an end. I'm currently away from home in the Kooteneys doing a combination of work and visiting family. I brought a 360 with me, but after the 9+ hour drive yesterday I didn't find the time to get any gaming in and as a result my 216 day achievement streak came to an end.

I really gotta tip my hat to people like Knuckles Dawson who did close to 2 solid years getting at least one achievement a day. That's incredible perseverance.

Oh well, maybe now I'll get that masters degree finished. :p

Some stats about my streak:
  • Length: 216 days (Dec 31, 2007 to Aug 2, 2008)
  • Total Gamerscore gained: 33,808
  • Total Number of achievements: 1,475
  • Number of Games 100% Completed during the streak: 23 (20 retail and 3 arcade)
And for the record, during my streak I also was doing full time studies at the University of Victoria working on my masters degree. I'm also married, to a wonderful woman who for some strange reason didn't divorce me even though I spent many an evening cursing at pixelated bad guys on the TV. I also taught in the months January to April. So yes, I did have a life while doing this.

No comments: